Apply to Become a Global Advocate
The Global Advocate Program is a competitive job-training program that is intended to introduce participants to international development with first-hand experience. An Advocate is not a tourist or a cultural exchange student. While the 3 month in-country experience will be life defining, the other 6 months of programming will be equally rewarding as a first or second look at human centered development on the international level.
WARNING: This is a rigorous, time-consuming and professional program. We have high expectations for our Advocates and hold them accountable for their project work. Think carefully before applying, we want individuals that treat this opportunity as a professional building block. We want candidates that are self-motivated, dedicated, open minded and action oriented. Does that describe you?
We invite you to contact us to learn more about this exciting opportunity, to speak with current and past Advocates or to just ask a few questions.
Next Class / Class 17
Dates of Service:
October 18, 2018 – July 18, 2019
October 18–22, 2018
July 15, 2018
August 31, 2018
- At least 21 years of age
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Not enrolled in University at program start date
- Nine month commitment
- Stable health conditions
- Ability to pay for flight and transportation *
* The flight to the 5-day orientation comes at your own cost.
We have found that this cost can be prohibitive for those traveling
from long distances. Please write to email@example.com before
applying to discuss your options if you are unable to afford this expense.
- Fill out the official application, including your resume, transcripts, and one letter of recommendation.
- We contact you for a virtual interview.
- We contact your references.
- Applicants are informed of their status at least two weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Accepted applicants must complete and pass a background check.
- Review all the information on this page, as well as the FAQ page.
- Download the application (Microsoft Word) and submit with required info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your resume, unofficial transcripts, and one letter of recommendation to email@example.com. Name your files using the following format:Resume_LastName.doc Transcripts_LastName.doc, etc.