Published by Mama Hope | April 7, 2020
Now more than ever, it’s clear that we are a global community. We’re continuing our commitment to supporting resilient communities, knowing that our grassroots partners are providing crucial services in their communities today in the months and years to come.
We know that much of the world is reacting right now. Situations are changing rapidly, people everywhere are working quickly to take preventative measures, and many are doing what they can to get through each day in this unprecedented time. At Mama Hope our immediate reaction has been to:
- Move all in-person meetings between staff and with partners online or via phone
- Put all work-related travel on hold, including domestic and international travel
- Remind staff to utilize our unlimited sick days and wellness leave policy
- Continue providing unrestricted funding to our partners, for them to use in areas of highest need
- Postpone the in-person launch of our Global Advocate Program and provide virtual training for as long as necessary
- Work with our partners to build culturally relevant resources with information they can share with their communities, in their own language, about keeping safe
We also know that the aftermath of COVID-19 will be felt for a long time to come. In preparation, we are turning our reactions into long-term responses.
- We have established a Resilience Fund to provide continued and consistent support to our partners, many of whom are currently only experiencing the early stages of COVID-19’s impact. They are working hard to keep their communities informed about safe and hygienic practices, and are making plans to ensure food and resource security.
- As usual, we are speaking with each partner on a regular basis. We continue to learn details about the impact of COVID-19 on their operations and communities, and we will continue to tailor our support to their specific needs. We are also holding regular virtual town halls for our partners to share concerns and create strategies of resilience together.
- Mama Hope staff are adapting their roles to be responsive to partners, donors, and the Mama Hope family, in alignment with and in anticipation of a world deeply impacted by COVID-19.
Most importantly, we continue to listen and share stories of hope, love, and solidarity that persist in grassroots efforts. These are the stories that will carry our global community through.
Read our COVID-19 Response Policy for more information (last updated April 24, 2020).