Over the past 5 years, Mama Hope has developed an innovative model for international development which is transforming lives and communities in Africa, Central America and Asia. We see the Global Advocate Program as the bridge that will close the gap between vital resources and community driven projects. When partnered with visionary community leaders, our well-trained Advocates can help communities access the resources and tools to they need to plan and build their own solutions.
The Global Advocate Program is a competitive job-training program that is intended to introduce participants to international development with first-hand experience. An Advocate is not a tourist or a cultural exchange student. While the 3 month in-country experience will be life defining, the other 6 months of programming will be equally rewarding as a first or second look at human centered development on the international level.
WARNING: This is a rigorous, time-consuming and professional program. We have high expectations for our Advocates and hold them accountable for their project work. Think carefully before applying, we want individuals that treat this opportunity as a professional building block. We want candidates that are self-motivated, dedicated, open minded and action oriented. Does that describe you?
We invite you to contact us to learn more about this exciting opportunity, to speak with current and past Advocates or to just ask a few questions.
|ADVOCATE CLASS||YEAR||DATES OF SERVICE||ORIENTATION WEEK||APPLICATION OPENS||APPLICATION DEADLINE|
|Class 15||2018||February 22, 2018 – November 22, 2018||February 22 – 26, 2018, San Francisco, CA||December 1, 2017||January 19, 2018|
- At least 21 years of age
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Not enrolled in University at program start date
- Nine month commitment
- Stable health conditions
- Ability to pay for flight and transportation *
* The flight to the 5-day orientation comes at your own cost. We have found that this cost can be prohibitive for those traveling from long distances. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org before applying to discuss your options if you are unable to afford this expense.
- Fill out the official application, including your resume and transcripts.
- We contact you for a personal interview
- We contact your references and conduct a background check.
- If accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter to sign and return.
APPLY TO THE GLOBAL ADVOCATE PROGRAM
Before you start…
- Review all the information on this page.
- Send your resume and unofficial transcripts to email@example.com. Name your files using the following format:
Resume: Resume_LastName.doc (Example: Resume_Berkshire.doc)
Transcripts: Transcripts_LastName.doc (Example: Transcripts_Berkshire.doc)
- Download the application (Microsoft Word) and submit with required info to firstname.lastname@example.org.